CAI Approach for Implementing Application Support Services Using the ITIL V3 Life-cycle
We will review each life-cycle phase in the context of implementing a new application support team that is unfamiliar with the customer, their applications, users, environment and application knowledge.
- Service Strategy to align Application Support with business needs
- Service Design to define formal Service Level Ageeements
- Service Transition to minimize disruptions due to application service changes
- Service Operations to manage work, control costs, track schedules, and measure performance
- Improve quality and service performance with Continual Service Improvement
Improved IT Services are consistantly delivered by implementing field proven CAI processes, Tracer and service standards identified within the ITIL V3 Life-cycle model.
The following pages show how CAI implements each of the life-cycle phases, process, and outcomes within application support services.
Though CAI’s methodology is being used as the model for implementation, any well thought through process model when applied to the ITIL V3 life-cycle will achieve the same benefits.